|On 14 June 2017, the fire at Grenfell Tower claimed the lives of 72 |
people and devastated a close-knit community in the heart of
Two years on, the bereaved, survivors and residents are still waiting for
justice and two years on we are still waiting for the lessons from that day to be learned, and acted upon to safeguard all our communities.
Can you help call on the government for action?
Working with the Daily Mirror and Grenfell campaigners, the Fire
Brigades Union are calling on Communities Secretary James Brokenshire
to take five key steps:
1. Remove remaining inflammable cladding from 2,000 tower blocks and public buildings.
2. Retrofit sprinklers in high rises and schools.
3. Ensure tenants get a real voice in the running and upkeep of their
4. Reverse cuts to firefighter numbers and Fire Safety Officers.
5. Create a new independent body to oversee standards in fire service
across the country.
|Sign the Petition|
|James Brokenshire needs to listen and act on the demands of Grenfell |
campaigners and the Fire Brigades Union.
These five steps are achievable if there is political will to do so and would make a huge difference in ensuring a fire like the Grenfell Tower tragedy never happens again.
Thanks for all your support,
Anthony, Going to Work
PS Once you’ve signed please share the petition with your friends & family: www.megaphone.org.uk/petitions/grenfell-never-again-keep-our-buildings-safe