Whilst we remain hopeful that ACAS’s conciliation today between the Trades Unions, the employers and the MOJ we will see some movement from the MOJ, we are nonetheless, preparing for the MOJ to retain their unhelpful stance.
The following timetable has been agreed for the forthcoming industrial action ballot of probation members:
- · Ballot notices issued to each probation trust – 17th Dec
- · Ballot notices received – 19th Dec
- · Ballot opens – 10th Jan
- · Ballot closes – 30th Jan·
- Action notices out to each probation trust – 6th Feb
- · Action notices received – 10th Feb
- · Window for first day of action – 17th to 26th Feb
We intend to consult members during the week commencing 5th January on the nature of the proposed strike action. If you would like to comment then please contact email@example.com
We are currently working on ballot publicity material which will be produced in time for w/c 6 January 2014, plus a dedicated probation recruitment leaflet to support the industrial action ballot.
ACAS is due to conciliate between the unions, employers and MOJ on Monday 16 December. Further updates on this will be provided as soon as possible.